Duties & Responsibilities:
· To study ITB,project and design basis such as scope of work, overall project schedule, basicdesign data, client specification, client standard drawings, existing drawings,and plot plan through the guidance of Senior Piping.
· To assist in planning and organizing pipingengineering activities and manpower requirement for the project.
· To assist in developing piping engineeringand design schedule, manpower requirements, manhour distribution and executionplan based on the scope of work and approved budget manhour/schedule.
· To coordinate piping mechanical analysisand engineering effort with other area Lead Engineers and disciplines of theproject as directed by Piping Design Supervisor.
· To prepare specification for mechanicalanalysis, piping support standard drawings, and execution procedures formechanical stress analysis.
· To develop piping layout and pipinginformation of major critical equipment of the project such as tower/column,airfin coolers, heaters, compressors, and reactors, preferably in 3D CADformat.
· To check and review thermal stress/vibrationanalysis data inputs/output, piping layout, piping information prepared byengineers, and interprets and evaluates stress/vibration analysis result andprovides necessary recommendation on resolving the method of analysis forcompliance to project standards or specifications, applicable codes, contractrequirements, quality standards and accepted engineering and constructionpractices.
· To provide field engineering support/advicetowards piping installation and testing at construction site.
· To perform the functioninherent to piping Key person as designated by Piping Department Manager andLead Piping Engineer.
· To evaluate the performance of and providecounseling and guidance to members of the project.
· To identify and recommend training programsincluding cross training of piping staff within the team in collaboration withthe Department Manager.
· To prepare lesson learned upon completionof the project and recommends preventive actions to avoid recurrence on futureprojects to Piping Design Supervisor.
· To perform other tasks that may be assignedby the Department Manager and Lead Piping Engineer.
· To carry out engineering support workduring the construction phase of the project.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum of eight (8) years in the field ofpiping engineering involving detailed design, stress evaluation, 3D modelingand review, and three (3) years of which in a supervisory capacity.
· Good Knowledgeof Caeser II.
· GoodInterpretation of stress/vibration operation and analysis.
· Basic Knowledgeof AutoCAD
· Basic Knowledgeof 3D Model review through Naviswork or SPR.
· Ability toapply mathematical concepts in piping calculations such as exponents,logarithms, trigonometric functions, quadratic equations and other applicableformulas.
· Stronganalytical and reasoning abilities.
· Good interpersonal and communication.