We are seeking an individual with extensive QA/QC management experience for the position of
QA/QC Program Manager for XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations. The candidate will lead the QA/QC program throughout the six-year design and construction phase of the largest multistory high technology facilityin Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the Sr. Project Manager, the candidate will be accountable for leadership and implementation of the project wide QA/QC program. This role is focused on managing such a program for a large complex high technology facility project with stringent requirements.
It is expected the candidate will be a very detailed and organized individual with extensive previous experience working as a QA/QC Manager on large, international projects with deep knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control systems. There will be a significant amount of “hands on” work understanding and implementing the VDC QA/QC systems. The candidate must have excellent leadership and Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the client, the XYZ Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
The candidate will provide guidance to other team members they interact with and manage daily.
The candidate will have direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and inspection phases of the work ensuring all the quality objectives of the project are met. Although this is a managerial position, the candidate will be expected to know the drawings and specifications and dig into the details to resolve issues.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation:
· Coordinate and share program evolutions and lessons learned with XYZ Construction, Inc.US operations QA/QC Managers.
· Represent XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. in the utmost professional manner while
constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
· Comply with XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. anti-graft, non-bribery requirements
Responsibilities Specific to the Role:
· Implement overall QA/QC Program – develop proactive quality plans to increase success in the field quality testing and final product.
· Learn and work with the XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd onsite VDC and BIM360
· Work collaboratively with the client’s QA/QC staff and agent to develop and incorporate their requirements into the plan.
· Manage XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. QA/QC engineers. Ensure all levels of QA/QC
documentation are completed & documented properly per the QA/QC plan.
· Work closely with vendors, including attendance of factory witness tests.
· Identify scope / responsibility matrix required for proper execution of QAQC plan. Work with Preconstruction team to ensure these scopes are clearly identified in subcontracts prior to issuance.
· Coordinate, schedule and manage “first install” work.
· Coordination of on-site mockups as required by the specifications.
· Management of the document control process specific to QA/QC.
· Chair and document weekly QA/QC meetings with subcontractors, superintendents, project engineers, Owner and their agents.
· Compile and present meaningful QAQC reports at regular meetings
· Conduct preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, field supervisors and project engineers to discuss quality expectations, confirm submittals have been reviewed and approved, sequence of work, schedule and any issues that may affect quality.
· Conduct preparatory, initial and follow up meetings for each definable feature of work.
· Coordinate periodic follow up inspections to verify and document that the work is
proceeding per the drawings, specifications and submittals.
· Coordinate weekly QA/QC job site walks with superintendents, project engineers, Owner and their agents. Document results of walk and follow up items.
· Verify VDC BIM 360 check lists and that subcontractors, superintendents, project
engineers, Owner and their agents, vendors and design team are using VDC BIM 360 in the field.
· Verify and document that all materials and equipment received are in conformance with the approved submittals, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project.
· Coordinate and document required code and independent inspections and any nonconformances and re-inspections.
· Actively participate in all design review meetings, as well as technical related matters that may arise.
· Stop work if necessary to resolve issues that affect the safety and quality of the project.
· Management of the project closeout and documentation including, defects process, final inspections, TOP certificates of occupancy, commissioning documents, O&M manuals, as-builts and warranties.
Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) Program:
· Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with the Owner Purchase Order and equipment specifications.
· Attend factory witness testing and coordinate assembly of testing documentation.
· Verify and document that all OFE equipment received are in conformance with the
approved submittals, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project.
· Construction management or technical engineering degree.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in the construction industry preferably in the mission critical facilities market.
· Strong knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work