We are seeking an individual with tenured Construction Management experience for the position
of Civil and Foundation Construction Manager at XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore
operations. The candidate will work directly with Civil and Foundation Subcontractors
throughout the six-year design and construction phase of the largest multistory high technology facility in
Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager and Construction Manager, the candidate will be
accountable for insuring the Civil and Foundation Subcontractors performs their scope of work
in the strictest of compliance to the contract documents. This role is focused on managing the
Civil and Foundation Subcontractor office and field installation details for a large complex data
center project, having stringent technical requirements.
It is expected the candidate will be a very detailed individual with extensive previous experience
working as an Civil and Foundation Construction Manager on high technology facility projects. There will be
a significant amount of “hands on” work coordinating approved design documents and insuring
installed work in the field are in compliance with such documents. The candidate must have
excellent Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the
client, the XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and
immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation:
· Represent XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. in the utmost professional manner while
constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
· Comply with XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. anti-graft, non-bribery requirements.
Responsibilities Specific to the Role:
· Work intensively with the XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. Virtual Design &
Construction (VDC) team to coordinate all the Civil and Foundation trade work with
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of the contract documents (drawings and
specifications), phasing plans, Civil and Foundation systems interrelationships,
construction sequencing and project schedule.
· Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between Civil, mechanical, electrical and
CSA subcontractors during construction.
· Lead the Civil and Foundation subcontractor installation drawing approval process
between the Civil and Foundation subcontractor, Resident Engineer, Resident
Position Description: Civil and Foundation Construction Manager, Singapore 2018
Technical Officer, Accredited Checker, and the Local Authority having Jurisdiction,
and Assist in the receipt and review of all Civil submittals.
· Log and post all Civil and Foundation changes and as-built information on field
drawings. Provide such information to VDC team so such information can be
incorporated into the final virtual model.
· Direct, monitor and control the activities of Civil and Foundation Subcontractor.
· Interface with the XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE)
manager for all client provided equipment to ensure all proper coordination for
· Liaison with the Civil and Foundation engineering consultant, supervisory engineers,
Inspectors and relevant staff.
· Implement the XYZ Construction Pte. Ltd. cloud-based QA/QC program for the
Civil and Foundation scope of work.
· Ensure that Civil and Foundation Subcontractors adheres to relevant Quality
· Coordinate with VDC Manager all site utilities on the project to ensure there are not
conflicts with tank and foundations systems.
· Work the engineers of record to coordinate and facilitate al structural structure for
fuel and water tanks.
· Must have a commitment to running the safest jobsite without exception. This
individual must be a leader and committed to the safety of the workers.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction industry.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in this role managing Civil Subcontract packages
more than S$20,000,000.
· Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in engineering or related field.
· Superior Civil and Foundation engineering working knowledge of plans, engineering
drawings, specifications and schematics associated with Civil and Foundation trades.
· Computer literate. Significant experience with Excel, Word, and other computer
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.