· Generally responsible for implementations andmonitoring of all electrical related works at site
· Interprets construction drawings and studies thecontract documents and applicable standards or specifications prior toexecution of any jobs
· Manages directly and provide engineering andtechnical supports to all the electrical work groups at site
· Plans the execution of all electrical relatedworks and coordinates the works to mechanical and civil groups
· Coordinates with Client / Consultant’srepresentatives for any site instructions and inspection of works
· Assign targets for accomplishments and ensuretargets are met on daily basis for all electrical groups at site
· Submits site daily reports, inspection requests,estimates and all applicable monitoring reports on regular basis or as required
· Supports the Construction Manager inaccomplishing all the goals and targets for the electrical groups at site
· Ensures that all the works done are in accordancewith the approved construction drawings, contract documents, projectspecifications, and all applicable standards whether local, national orinternational standards
· Ensures that all site works are done accordingto all applicable quality standards
· Directly responsible for the safety of allelectrical groups’ personnel of the project by ensuring that the projectexecution will be done according to all applicable health, safety, sanitary andenvironmental standards.
· Provide leadership, direction, supervision andinspirational management to all team members (direct & indirect)
· Establish clear communication, solid lines ofcontrol and delegation to sub-ordinates and actively create and maintain aculture of openness, responsiveness, honest, ethics and responsibility acrossthe team
· Manage the selection and training of all teammembers, building a high skilled, performance focused, innovative, passionateteam
· Establish appropriate and effective KPI’s forall direct team members that allow performance to be clearly measured.
· Conduct Performance Development sessions withall direct reports in line with Company policy including consequence managementwhere required and developmental requirements aligned with succession plans.
· Coach and mentor all direct reports on allaspects of their role, facilitating effective co-operation and trust,encouraging the free exchange for information, ideas and techniques between thevarious operations teams, leading and motivating them to be aligned to the sameteam goals and business objectives
· Address poor performance and inappropriatebehavior in a timely manner, taking disciplinary action where required withinguidelines of Infrastructure policiesand procedures
· Ensure contractors / suppliers are sourced,assessed, employed, managed and supervised in accordance with HSSE andprocurement requirements
· Ensure communication and consultation, withinternal and external parties, of appropriate HSSE information
· Review and provide recommendation of businesssystems requirements to relevant line of business
· Work actively to facilitate and encouragecooperation and knowledge-sharing between projects, geographic locations andbusiness units.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS &EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Minimum 8 years experience as an ElectricalEngineer within a similar industry.
· Degree in Electrical Engineering with more than8 years experience in basic design requirements, fabrication, installation andall site activities related to all electrical works.
· Familiar with all electrical engineeringmethodologies as well as the corresponding equipment, materials, consumablesand tool allocations related to electrical works.
· Ability to work as part of a close knitmanagement team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously – bothshort and long term.
· Ability to work on own initiative and with theminimum of supervision
· Outgoing personality essential for dealingdirectly with Clients and their design team
· Demonstrated ability to work independently toorganize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously,set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment withmultiple and competing demands
· Must be customer focused, team oriented,accountable and results driven
· Must be energetic with a positive can doattitude
· Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learnand put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changingstructure, process, information and/or technology