the QA/QC Coordinator and Inspector is to establish an agreed interpretation of Project requirements as defined in specifications, codes and standards. They will monitor and ensure on the Project Team and subcontractor’s compliance with the Project Quality Plan, nominated specifications and field quality control procedures. They will also coordinate and carry out inspections as required by Inspection and Test Plans and provide technical (quality) support to the various departments and construction teams.
· Review assigned technical documentation and ensure correct specifications and drawings etc are included/ referred to in Work Packs and Requisitions.
· Ensure ITPs and Test Procedures are produced in accordance with project specification / code requirement.
· Develop and/or facilitate the development of inspection and associated check/inspection records for vendor & site inspection.
· Coordinate with Engineering and Procurement Department in ensuring adequate testing requirement / regime is implemented for procured material or equipment.
· Perform monitoring of vendor shop activities & attend shop inspections as per approved vendor ITP.
· Ensure adequacy and completeness of Quality & Manufacturing records in vendor MDR
· Determine measurement capability appropriate to the activities and ensure that calibrated measuring devices are available.
· Maintain Tool calibration register and ensure no delays due to lack of calibrated measuring equipment.
· Verify suitability of qualifications/experience of personnel assigned (including subcontractors) to undertake inspection activities.
· Coordinate and/or undertake inspection activities and prepare inspection records as required by the ITPs and Test Procedures.
· Develop and implementation monitoring systems on the Quality of work and completeness of the inspection and test records.
· Coordinate with various departments / stakeholders on progress of site activities and its associated testings
· Monitor the completion of Site Quality Records associated with assigned Work Packs.
· Prepare status reports covering assigned work areas in accordance with Project requirements
· Assist with supervisory staff with interpretation of construction specifications / test requirements
· Ensure Quality records are progressively completed and signed off in accordance with the schedule and sequence of activities.
· Ensure reports are 100% accurate and issued on time.
· Populate and maintain required quality schedules including required client notification for key activities.
· Review and compile project inspection records for compliance with agreed requirements and for inclusion with the MDR for timely handover to completion.
· Ensure NCR’s are prepared and closed out in a timely manner – the NCR log is regularly maintained.
· Assist with the resolution and close out of technical non conformances.
· Initiate and verify suitability of corrective or preventive action where required to eliminate existing or potential causes of non-conformance including root cause analysis.
· Perform scheduled audits on project team and subcontractors as per approved Project Audit Schedule
· Undertake all responsibilities in a safe manner.
· Ensure a safe working condition is present for all employees, contractors and visitors.
· Participate in daily pre-start meetings.
· Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems such as job safety analysis, pre-work checklists and risk assessments.
· Comply and have input into safe working procedures.
· Report hazards, incidents and accidents within company guidelines.
· Assist with safety sections for reports, tenders and proposals.
· Actively participate in safety training.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Appropriate trade and technical qualifications
· Minimum 10 years in heavy industry/ construction environment
· Minimum 5 years in Quality Control role coordinating site and vendor activities.
· ISO 9001 Auditor Certified
· AWC CWI / CSWIP Inspector Certified
· Minimum ASNT Level II in RT, UT, MT & PT
· Knowledge in Global Standards and Singapore local standards
· Proficient in BSEN, IEC, IEEE, ASTM & ASME Codes
· Site and Supplier/Vendor experience (operations, construction and commissioning in mineral processing, oil and gas/ petrochemical or mining industry)
· Minimum basic skills – Microsoft Office suite and QC database.