The Construction Manager is responsible, but not limited to,the following:
· Close communication withProject Manager to reflect Project Manager’s intention for the projectexecution/tender.
· Overall responsible fordealing with authorities, client, consultant and subcontractors’ management.
Planning & Programming
Planning, programming and monitoring the overall progress ofworks.
Prepare Project’s Draft PQP/SMS for submission to ProjectManager (within 2 months of mobilization).
Manage M&E section in the award process for pre-selectedM&E sub-contractors.
Implement Quality System at site.
Approve site purchases and rental in accordance to Company’sIMS procedures.
Prepare cost reports (AO/AO-1) for submission to ProjectManager monthly.
Prepare bi-weekly project reports for submission to ProjectManager.
Prepare monthly project reports for submission to ProjectManager.
Appointments of CoreTrade Structural Works Supervisor;Approving Manger for safety related permit-to-work, Work-at-Height Manager andConfined Space Manager.
Handle technical problems.
Procurement, Contract, VOs, EOTs
· PrepareDraft Budget for submission to Project Manager (within 2 months ofmobilization).
· Evaluatesubcontractors/suppliers progress claims.
· Manageconstruction section in the procurement process for temporary and permanentworks.
· Responsiblefor the compliance to safety & occupational health practices to beimplemented at all Sections.
· Responsiblefor site implementation of safety standards to comply with IMS safe workmethods.
(C) Minimum Qualifications:
· ABachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
· At least 5years of project management experience in building and construction, civil andstructural projects.
· At least 4years of supervisory experience managing a construction site.
· Preferablywork experience for at least one large scale construction/tendering projects.
· Strongorganizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability toinfluence various stakeholders and build long term relationships.
· Ability tolead and motivate staff from various disciplines.
· Strongtechnical knowledge of local authority requirements and engineering and safetystandards.
· Strongknowledge of the outlook of the building and construction industry.
· Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills.
· Strongtime management skills to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Ability toanalyse and synthesize complex issues quickly and to provide counter measuresto settle issues.