Reports to the Managing Director andBoard of Directors. This individual will be accountable for risk management inall aspects of daily business in Singapore and other locations where they maywork in SEA. He/she will interface with alllevels of project team members and all project control leads while managing legalrisks.
This individual will be expected toprovide guidance to the team, both on and off site. Although this is a risk management position, he/shewill be expected to understand construction details and resolve issues. TheSenior Risk Manager will advise the Project Executives, Sr. Project Managersand Project Engineers on all contractual and risk management issues and developproactive strategies. He/she will beexpected ensure is in conformance with all contracts with the Employer toaddress the needs of the project as it evolves over time. This individual willbe expected to ensure verticality with the prime contract as well as how itflows through to all subcontracts.
The senior risk manager must be able tointegrate with the owner and team quickly and work diligently to gain theirrespect and trust. He/she much possessthe ability to efficiently make solid, strategic decisions on the go as thiswill be critical for success.
· Function as the legalrepresentative of the company
· Provide independent,objective advice to the Managing Director, Director/Corporate Secretary, BODand relevant project team members.
· Participate in thedevelopment, amendment, and administration of the contract between company andits Employer.
· Responsible for finalizationof ongoing adjustments of all subcontracts, PO’s and other contracting forms thecompany may need.
· Thoroughly educate the projectteam about company’s contract with the Employer and how to conform to itsresponsibilities thereunder.
· Along with the projectmanagement team, develop a proactive risk mitigation process that can quicklyidentify issues leading to possible subcontractor claims and work proactivelywith the project team to prevent such claims.
· Monitor, track and leadthe effort in dealing with any subcontractor claims.
· Produce statisticalanalysis that provides an indication of risk for the project financial health,trends, potential risks and opportunities.
· Produce and present amonthly risk management update to the BO.
· Develop and manage thechange order process.
· Develop internal riskmitigation training & workshops for the project team.
· Provide advice onchange orders, billing and payments and legal time related issues.
· Resolve disputed (orpotential disputed) changes of scope and entitlement with the Employer subcontractors.
· Serve as a liaison withany outside council.
· Lead prequalification of subcontractor andsupplier efforts.
· Support the projectteam daily.
· A successful candidatemust have 3-5 years of experience handling construction contract development,negotiations and claims in Singapore.
· Experience inarbitration and or at least exposure to preparing cases for trial/arbitrationincluding participating in an arbitration or trial.
· general constructioncontract law; prompt payment law (SOP); bank guarantees and performance bonds;strategic working knowledge of construction claims for contract extras; delaydamages; impact damages; assessment of liquidated damages and substantive lawsurrounding these issues.
· Shall possess knowledgeof alternate project delivery methods. Must have deposition experience both asto percipient witnesses and expert witnesses in the substantive areas ofconstruction claims and law and motion experience involving substantive law anddiscovery issues.
· Should have experienceputting together discovery plans and execution. Must have excellent writingskills specific to drafting: motions, depositions and letters regardingconstruction litigation issues. Has the ability to interface with the client witha high level of professionalism and competence in both legal issues andstrategic practical issues in construction litigation.
· Law degree from an accredited institution.
· License to practice law in Singapore
· A minimum of 3-5 years of working in constructionlaw