Press the accept button to agree to the User Agreement and continue. Click DECLINE if you do not accept.
Reporting to HQ
Minimum Qualifications/ Job Experience:
Experience in major office renovation work.
The Document Controller is responsible, but not limited to, the following:
(C)Minimum Qualifications / Job Experience:
(D)Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
• Civil/Structural engineering calculations.
• Civil/Structural engineering plans, design, and layout.
• Civil/Structural project specifications.
• Civil/Structural engineering portion of project proposals.
• Civil/Structural engineering portion of project cost estimates.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
• Layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer. May be assigned responsibility for schematic or conceptual layouts when qualified.
• Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
• Research design options and document findings for project lead engineer.
• Review shop drawings.
• Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
• May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
• Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
• May direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities.
• Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
• Handle routine contract administration.
• Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
• Attend and participate in Client meetings.
• Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
• Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
• Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering,
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
• StaadPro or equivalent finite element analysis software.
• Working knowledge of Auto Cad or other drafting software.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
Application of project controls processes and systems utilization
Project set up, close out and reconciliations.
Ensuring correct cost allocation
Project cost forecasting